7/17/2009

Sheffield Museum


I went into the Weston Park Museum for a few simple reasons: the brand was clean and they used ITC Avant Garde Gothic (my favourite typeface) for the body text. Appearances mean a lot in the design world and I tend to judge something based on how it looks. If an advert uses Comic Sans then I get an impression on what I have to look forward to - usually nothing.

The museum itself was very enjoyable. Free entry and an exhibition on house-dwelling critters. It was its typographic choices that did it for me though and as a result, I read every segment of information on the walls.

The brand itself is quite striking. It's been weeks now since I went to the museum and yet I've just drawn an accurate representation of the logo. It has to be one of my most liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment