10/05/2009

Font Magica de Montjuic

Earlier this year, me and my girlfriend went to Barcelona for a couple of weeks in the hope of sun, sea and sand - we were lucky to be graced with all three. Like most British tourists, we saw the familiar sights: la Sagrada Familia, the Picasso museum, Casa Battlo etc. They were all very impressive, particularly la Sagrada Familia which should hopefully be completed in 2026.

The one that stood out above the rest was the Font Magica de Montjuic; a fountain that performs a display of water and light to classical music every night. I realize that I may not be doing this spectacular event justice so hopefully these pictures will...






Not sure sure whether this qualifies as architecture but it was certainly a piece of inspiration: a woman sat on the seats actually began crying during the night we were there. It was one of the most alternative evenings I've ever spent but one I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment