8/29/2009

Design China Now

Whenever I hear the word 'China', I think of sweat shops and communism. I've never really looked into their sense of modern design. I was in London last year visiting some relatives and I stumbled on an exhibition called China Design Now.


The exhibition travels along three coastal cities and their take on design. Each were impressive in their own right but the jewel in the crown was Beijing. The Olympics was a major effort in both the stadium and the opening ceremony. This exhibition unveiled conceptual drawings, behind-the-scenes photographs of the construction of the Olmypics, as well as present day examples of Beijing's impressive architecture.

Sadly, I wasn't allowed to take any pictures and when I attempted to I got some pretty scornful eyes and a stern telling off. I've searched the best images off the internet that can hopefully give you an idea of how good this exhibition was...


No comments:

Post a Comment